I am one of millions who absolutely adores Trader Joe’s. We have one right around the corner and I make weekly-ish trips to stock up on the necessities. Initially, this can be a confusing place with all of the unfamiliar flavors and labels, so I thought I would share a list of staples I get from my favorite grocery store.
Before I get into the details, let me take care of a little housekeeping:
- I can’t and don’t do all of my shopping at Trader Joe’s. I love name brands for certain items (i.e. Heinz for her and DiGiorno for him) that Trader Joe’s just doesn’t carry.
- Aside from some staples (brussels, broc, carrots, English cucumbers, mini grape tomatoes) their produce selection can be hit or miss, making a trip to Publix inevitable.
- If you see something that sounds interesting, try it! They have a little-known money back guarantee to encourage you to try new things. The only thing I have ever got from Trader Joe’s that I didn’t like was this Cilantro Dressing. It was straight-up nasty. I took back the open bottle and exchanged it for something I knew I would like better. No questions asked.
So here is what I get from Trader Joe’s on the reg:
Here is the list:
- Salad Dressings. My favorites are in the photo, and I have an entire post dedicated to my love for this dressing
- Frozen berries. Such a bargain and perfect for adding to cereal and dessert when fresh ones are out of season
- Sweet & Spicy Pecans and Candied Walnuts take salads and snacking to the next level
- Cereals. TJ’s brand of Cheerios are right-on and their price on Puffins cant be beat and Flax&Fiber gets the job done. Ladies need their fiber. Can I get an amen?
- Dried fruit and Trail Mixes. Apples, Raisins, Cherries, Aapricots…
- Burgers of the non-meat variety: Dr. Praegers Tex Mex, Vegetable Masala, and Mahi
- Cheeses are a great value. I always have their Goat Cheese and the Feta on hand
- Soups. We love the split pea and the black bean
- Bars. Cliff Kid’s Z Bars and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Larabars are my favorite on-the-go snack bars
- Things I didn’t get on this trip because I had to draw the line somewhere forcryingoutloud: cinnamon twist cookies, organic pasta sauce, baked blue corn tortilla chips
So that’s my basic list.
Pray tell, fellow Trader Joe’s lovers, what am I missing? What do I need to pick up on my next trip?